Graduate Students Awards
AES Senior Academic Award, Department of EngSci
This award is presented annually by the Association of Engineering Science (AES) to one or more senior graduate students who demonstrate the highest level of academic excellence and professional promise through course work and academic endeavors at Department of Engineering Science3.
|2013||Rank 1||Bafandeh, Bahareh||Average = 19.30 / 20|
|Rank 2||Ranjbar Fard, Sima||Average = 19.20 / 20|
|Rank 3||Bakhshizadeh, Behnaz||Average = 19.16 / 20|
|2012||Rank 1||Javan, Abolfazl||Average = 19.25 / 20|
|Rank 2||Shivani Jozdani, Ali||Average = 18.94 / 20|
|Rank 3||Ekhtiari Amiri, Sorour||Average = 18.77 / 20|
|2011||Rank 1||Heidari, Mehdi||Average = 19.22 / 20|
|Rank 2||Golshani Gharyeh Ali, Ali||Average = 19.12 / 20|
|Rank 3||Nikokar, Elham||Average = 18.88 / 20|
|2010||Rank 1||Samimi Dehkardi, Leila||Average = 19.60 / 20|
|Rank 2||Anjerani, Marzieh||Average = 18.86 / 20|
|Rank 3||Hosseinya, Maryam||Average = 18.84 / 20|
|2009||Rank 1||Lotfi Shahreza, Maryam||Average = 18.95 / 20|
|Rank 2||Zamani, Zahra||Average = 18.90 / 20|
|Rank 3||Omidi Klyshmi, Saeid||Average = 18.79 / 20|
|2008||Rank 1||Khazaei, Koroush||Average = 19.69 / 20|
|Rank 2||Torabi, Zeinab||Average = 18.29 / 20|
|Rank 3||Alaghmand, Farid||Average = 18.50 / 20|
Basic Science Award for Excellence in Teaching
This award is presented to graduate student(s) in Engineering Science for skill and dedication in undergraduate teaching.
Algorithms and Computation Prize, UT
This prize is awarded to a current Algorithms and Computation graduate student in the Department of Engineering Science for a research paper accepted for publication in a major journal.
- 2013 Golshani Gharyeh Ali, Ali, and Bafandeh, Bahareh,
- 2012 Vafadar Dolagh, Safar and Khazaei, Koorosh
- 2011 Heidari Mehdi
- 2010 Jelodar, Davoud and Dadvan, Seyed Morteza and Zamani, Zahra, and Saeed Omidi
- 2009 Lotfi Shahreza, , and Saeed Omidi
The DaraMoazzami Prize UGSP
(Combined Undergrad-Grad Student Prize)
The Dara Moazzami. Prize, first given in summer 2013, is awarded to the team of an Undergraduate Student and Graduate Student Mentor for best paper(s) in the Summer Program for Undergraduate Research:
- 2013 Jelodar, Davoud and Doost Hoseinni, Hamid
This prize is awarded by the Office of the Dean for Graduate Education to two graduate students conducting research in any phase of modern science and engineering.
- 2010 Dadvan, Seyed Morteza
- 2009 Lotfi Shahreza, Maryam
Engineering Science Prize, ESP
Prize for MSc students of exceptional ability and outstanding achievement to pursue graduate studies, their Phd with full scholarship at the University of Overseas
2010 - 2013 Koorosh Khazaei
- Koorosh Khazaei University of della Svizzera Ilaliana, Switzerland.
- - PhD Student, Facoltà di scienze informatiche
- Location: Facoltà di Lugano
- Tel: +41 58 666 4319 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +41 58 666 4319 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
- Paper: Dec 2, 2012 - Antonio Carzaniga, Koorosh Khazaei, Fabian Kuhn: Oblivious low-congestion multicast routing in wireless networks. MobiHoc 2012: 155-164 2012
2009 – 2013 Zahra Zamani
- -Phd student at Australian National University
- Position: PhD Student
- Personal website: http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~zzamani/
- Building: NICTA London Circuit
- Groups: CS, AI
- Publications :
• Zamani Z., Sanner S., Delgado K.V., Nunes de Barros L., Exact Symbolic Dynamic Programming for Continuous State and Action MDPs, Submitted to Journal of Artificial Intelligence Reseach (JAIR).
• Sanner S., Zamani Z., Recent advances in Symbolic Dynamic Programming for Hybrid MDPs and POMDPs, To appear in European Workshop on Reinforcement Learning (EWRL11), Dagstuhl,Germany, August 2013.
• Zamani Z., Sanner S., Delgado K.V., Nunes de Barros L., Robust Optimization for Hybrid MDPs with State-dependent Noise, To appear in International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI13), Beijing, China August 2013.
• Zamani Z., Sanner S., Poupart P., Kersting K., Symbolic Dynamic Programming for Continuous State and Observation POMDPs, In Proceedings of the 26th Annual Conference on Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS-12), Lake Tahoe, USA, 2012.
• Zamani Z. , Sanner S., Fang C., “Symbolic Dynamic Programming for Continuous State and Action MDPs”, In Proceedings of the 26th conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-12), Toronto, Canada, 2012.
• Zamani Z., An agent architecture for structured uncertain environments, Technical report, AI group, ANU, 2010.
• Zamani Z., HajiHosseini A., Masoudinejad A., "Computational Methodology for Analyzing, Modeling and Controlling Gene Regulatory Networks", Biomedical Engineering and Computational Biology Journal, October 2010.
• Zamani Z., Bayat M., Moeini A., Motevallian A., "Context-Aware Payment for Supply Chains: Software Architecture and Formal Verification", In Proceeding of World Congress on Engineering, London, July 2008.
2010 - 2013 Saeed Omidi,
- Phd student at Biozentrum, University of Basel, Suitzerland.
• Journal Article (2)
Saeed Omidi, Falk Schreiber, Ali Masoudi-Nejad (2009) MODA: an efficient algorithm for network motif discovery in biological networks., 385-95. In Genes & genetic systems 84 (5).
Download PDF (1.15 MB)
Hamid Ravaee, Ali Masoudi-nejad, Saeed Omidi et al. Improved Immune Genetic Algorithm for Clustering Protein-Protein Interaction Network. In Proteins.
• Book Section (1)
Ali Masoudi-Nejad Saeed Omidi (2010) Network Evolution: Theory and Mechanisms, 191-239. In Springer.
2010 - 2013 Hadi Jorjani
- Phd student at Biozentrum, University of Basel, Suitzerland
Algorithms and Computing Research Association (ACRA)
ACRA's outstanding graduate Awards program recognizes graduate students in Iranian universities who show outstanding research potential in an area of algorithms and computing research.
Department of Engineering Science Prize, DESP
Prize for MSc students of exceptional ability and outstanding achievement to pursue graduate studies, their Phd with full scholarship at the University of IRAN
2009 - 2013 Meisam Ahmadi
- Phd student at University of Elm va Sanat e Iran. Also Technical Manager at Idehgostar Company
2009– 2013 Lotfi Shahreza, Maryam
- Phd student at University of Sanati Isfahan, Iran.
2011– 2013 Samimi, Leila
- Phd student at University of Isfahan, Iran
- Paper: Monda Winlam, Leila Samimi Dehkordi, Ali Ghodsi, "Robust locally linear embedding using penality functions" Neural Network (IJCNN), The 2011 International Conference, San Jose, CA, USA.