In applied mathematics, we look for important connections with other disciplines that may inspire interesting and useful mathematics, and where innovative mathematical reasoning may lead to new insights and applications.
- Computational Biology
- Physical Applied Mathematics
- Computational Science & Numerical Analysis
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Applied Physics
- Atomic, Biophysics, Condensed Matter, & Plasma Physics
- Experimental Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Theoretical Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Theoretical Physics
Chemists study properties of matter at the molecular, and nanometer scale, and distill complex behavior into principles that provide a broad, predictive description of how matter behaves.