The UT Engineering Science Visiting Committee is one of several Committees of Annual Recurrence of the UT Corporation. First established at UT in 2008, visiting committees operate as advisory groups to the Corporation, affording appraisal, advice and insight to the Corporation, senior administration, faculty and students. Members of these committees help to maintain a close relationship between academic procedure and professional practice, and provide expert comment on current and proposed departmental programs.
Visiting committee meetings provide faculty and students with opportunities to contribute to the governance of UT, and they encourage stimulating and highly valued reviews. Important changes in departmental and Institute policy have resulted from visiting committee recommendations.
The UT Engineering Science Visiting Committee normally meets on campus every two years.
Approximately 50 distinguished scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, executives and educators serve on the Engineering Science's visiting committees. Each committee is elected by the Corporation, and includes some members assigned by the Chairman of the Corporation, one of whom chairs the committee. Other members are nominated by the President of UT or by the UT Alumni/ae Association.
The current membership of the UT Engineering Visiting Committee is:
- Professor Faraji Dana, Reza (Chair)
- Professor Azmodeh Ardalan, Alireza
- Professor Asl Soleymani, Ebrahim
- Dr. Badie, Kambiz
- Professor Darafsheh, Mohamad Reza
- Professor Esfahanian, Vahid
- Dr. Eskandari Ghadi, Morteza
- Professor. Gholipour, Yaghob
- Professor Jolai, Fariborz
- Professor Memarian, Hossein
- Professor Modarres, Majid
- Professor Mohammadi Roshandeh, Jamshid
- Professor Mortazavi , Yadollah
- ProfessorMosavi Mashadi, Mahmood
- ProfessorRahimian, Mohammad
- Professor Seyed Ebrahimi, Seyed Ali
- Professor Shariaty Niassar, Mojtaba
- Professor Tavakkoli Moghadam , Rezaa